Wraps are great for many different reasons
- A quick way to enjoy a delicious, healthy breakfast, lunch or tea
- So easy to make – so children can help
- Ideal for using up leftovers
- Good for fussy eaters
Wraps as snacks/meals:
Wraps can be packed with healthy ingredients and are simple and quick to make. They can be served at any time of day and can be both savory and sweet.
How to make:
- Pick a wrap
- Pick a spread (yogurt, hummus, salsa, pesto, tomato sauce, peanut butter)
- Pick a filling (any veg/fruit raw or lightly cooked – grated carrot, sliced avocado, sliced cucumber, sliced tomatoes, sliced aubergine, eggs etc)
- Add the extras (nuts, herbs, feta, mozzarella)
- Roll up
If cheese has been added, it can be baked for about 5 minutes before it is rolled up 🙂
Pancakes (savoury and sweet)
For the filling you can use up any fruit/veges or other food stuffs that you may already have.
Why they can help with fussy eaters:
Novelty of a rolled up sandwich
They can choose from a selection of fillings
It is fun to sprinkle on own toppings and wrap up
As you can see, they are a perfect go to meal that can be healthy and nutritious and may encourage children to enjoy a range of fruits and vegetables.
Do your children enjoy eating wraps?
What fillings do you put in them?