Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Mini Skewers
These basil mini skewers are a fun and easy to make healthy snack.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 mini mozzarella balls
(For the dip)
- 50ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A serving dish
- A small bowl for the dip
- A teaspoon
- A table spoon
- 12 cocktail sticks
- Cut each tomato in half with a sharp knife.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- Put half a piece of tomato on the end of a cocktail stick.
- Next put on a basil leaf, then a mozzarella ball and finally the other half of the tomato.
- Repeat this with the other 11 sticks.
- Arrange the sticks on a serving dish.
- If you like a sauce, mix the vinegar and oil together with a teaspoon in a small bowl to serve as a dipping sauce.
Who knew food on a stick was so tasty?