Sweet Marigold Buns
Sweet marigold buns for sharing with your friends.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 marigold flower heads
You will also need:
- An apron
- A sieve
- A plastic bowl
- A wooden spoon
- A spoon
- A bun tin or paper cake cases
- A wire rack
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder into a bowl.
- Add butter, sugar and eggs and mix together until smooth and glossy.
- Wash the marigold heads, rip off petals and stir in, keeping a few back for later.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased bun tin or paper cup cases.
- Sprinkle a few petals onto each bun with a little sugar.
- Bake in the oven 160ºc/325ºf/gas mark 3 for 25-30 minutes.
- Leave the cakes for a few minutes, then put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Don’t forget these marigolds are calendula officinalis!