Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 2 wholemeal pitta bread
- Cheese (of your choice)
- Different vegetables/fruit (of your choice)
- Handful fresh basil
- Tomato paste (no sugar)
You will also need:
- An apron
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic cheese grater
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A chopping board
- A knife
- A baking tray
- Grate the cheese into a plastic bowl.
- Spread each pitta with tomato sauce or paste and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Chop your chosen vegetables into small pieces.
- Arrange the different vegetables on top.
- Place pittas on baking tray and cook for about 15 minutes at 200ºC.
- Wash and chop/tear basil into pieces and sprinkle on top.
- Cut into half or slices.