Easy to make peppermint creams – great for a nibble or as a simple gift.
Egg, dairy and gluten free peppermint treats.
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon glycerine
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint flavouring
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkles of your choice
You will also need:
- An apron
- A large mixing bowl
- A spoon for mixing
- A rolling pin
- A star shaped pastry cutter
- Grease proof paper
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix well until a thick paste is formed.
- Dust a work surface and the rolling pin with icing sugar and roll out the paste until it is about 1/2 cm thick. (If the paste is too wet, add more icing sugar to stop it from sticking to the surface.)
- Using your cutter, cut out the shapes and place on grease proof paper.
- Decorate as desired using the sprinkles and place in the fridge overnight.
You can get as creative with these as you like!
If you would like them to be extra special you could:
- Melt some chocolate, dip half the mint in and leave them to harden
- Add food colouring of your choice
- Add orange/lemon juice instead of water and zest instead of peppermint
You can store these mints in an airtight container for up to 7 days.