Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
Egg, dairy and gluten free peppermint treats.
- 200g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon glycerine
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint flavouring
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkles of your choice
You will also need:
- An apron
- A large mixing bowl
- A spoon for mixing
- A rolling pin
- A star shaped pastry cutter
- Grease proof paper
[caption id="attachment_4057" align="alignright" width="300"] Mixing all the ingredients together.[/caption]
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl and mix well until a thick paste is formed.
- Dust a work surface and the rolling pin with icing sugar and roll out the paste until it is about 1/2 cm thick. (If the paste is too wet, add more icing sugar to stop it from sticking to the surface.)
- Using your cutter, cut out the shapes and place on grease proof paper.
- Decorate as desired using the sprinkles and place in the fridge overnight.
- Melt some chocolate, dip half the mint in and leave them to harden
- Add food colouring of your choice
- Add orange/lemon juice instead of water and zest instead of peppermint