Parsley Pesto Sauce
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- Handful fresh rocket, basil or parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25g parmesan cheese - grated
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A lemon grater
- A tablespoon
- A pair of children's scissors
- A garlic crusher
- Peel garlic clove and crush in garlic crusher into the bowl.
- Wash and finely snip herb leaves with scissors and add to the garlic.
- Grate the rind of the lemon into the bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze half of the lemon on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can.
- Add all these ingredients with the parmesan cheese and olive oil into the bowl and mix thoroughly together.