Parsley Pesto Sauce
This nut free parsley pesto sauce is great for adding to pasta or risotto.
- Handful fresh rocket, basil or parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25g parmesan cheese – grated
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A lemon grater
- A tablespoon
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A garlic crusher
- Peel garlic clove and crush in garlic crusher into the bowl.
- Wash and finely snip herb leaves with scissors and add to the garlic.
- Grate the rind of the lemon into the bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze half of the lemon on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can.
- Add all these ingredients with the parmesan cheese and olive oil into the bowl and mix thoroughly together.
(Or if you prefer, place all of the ingredients into a blender with the help of an adult)
This pesto is really useful and can be stirred through cooked pasta or risotto. You can even use it as a dip with carrot or cucumber batons 🙂