Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh mint chocolate cookies are a perfect tasty treat.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 115g granulated sugar
- 340g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 225g butter, softened at room temperature
- 115g brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Handful fresh mint
You will also need:
- An apron
- 2 plastic mixing bowls
- A sieve
- A tablespoon
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A baking tray
- A wire rack
- Preheat oven to 190°c.
- In a small bowl sieve together flour and baking soda.
- Wash and snip the mint into tiny pieces. Mix this in a bowl with the white sugar.
- Add the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract to the mint mix and beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Knead the mixture together to form one large dough ball.
- Then divide into small balls and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have you ever used fresh mint in cookies?