Mint and Lime Cheesecake
A refreshing and easy to make cheesecake.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- For the base
- 200g almond biscuits/digestive biscuits
- 50g melted butter
- For the cream mixture
- 4 limes
- Handful fresh mint
- 200g cream cheese
- 397ml sweetened condensed milk
- 142ml double cream
You will also need:
- An apron
- A strong sandwich bag
- A rolling pin
- A saucepan
- A wooden spoon
- 2 large plastic bowls
- A cheese grater
- A lemon squeezer
- A whisk
- A pair chidren’s scissors
- A spoon
- Put the biscuits in a sandwich bag and smash them up with a rolling pin until they look like breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan (Please ask for adult help).
- Mix the biscuits and melted butter together in a plastic bowl.
- Put the mixture into individual glasses and push it down with the back of a spoon.
- Whisk the cream in a bowl using a hand whisk until it is nice and fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and condensed milk and mix it together well.
- Zest the limes using a cheese grater and add to the mixture.
- Then add the double cream and continue to whisk for a few minutes.
- Cut the limes in half and juice them into the bowl.
- Wash the mint and snip into small pieces. Stir it in to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base and leave in the fridge for a while to chill.
- Decorate the cheesecake with mint or lime just before serving.
This is a tasty treat to enjoy. Lime and mint go well together but you could use lemon if you prefer.