Marigold Ice Cubes
Marigold ice cubes are pretty and refreshing for a sunny day drink.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- Marigold flower heads (calendula officinalis – not French marigold)
You will also need:
- An apron
- A kettle
- A plastic measuring jug
- An ice tray
- Boil a kettle of water. (Please ask for adult help.)
- Let the water cool to room temperature.
- Pour the water into the measuring jug.
- Wash the flower heads (or petals) and place into each individual compartment within an ice tray.
- Fill each compartment half full with the water from the jug.
- Put the ice tray in the freezer.
- After the water is frozen solid, fill each ice cube compartment the rest of the way to the top with the remaining water from the jug.
- Freeze until ready to use!
Enjoy with fresh lemonade or with a glass of water.
These are so pretty and perfect to share with your friends on a warm summer’s day! 🙂