Guacamole Dip is healthy and great for dipping carrot or cucumber batons.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- A handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A fork
- A tablespoon
- Cut the avocado in half with a knife.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into the bowl and mash it up with the back of a fork.
- Cut the lime in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze half on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can. Then pour the juice into the bowl.
- Squish the tomatoes into the bowl. Then tear the skin into little bits and add that too.
- Mash all the ingredients together with a fork.
- Pick and wash the coriander. Next snip it into small pieces or you could just tear it up. Add to the bowl with the olive oil.
- Finally mix all the ingredients together.
Serve the guacamole with raw vegetables as they are full of nutrients. This could be your favourite vegetable or you could be adventurous and try something new. How about broccoli which is really crunchy when it is raw?
Avocado is also very good for you. It has a lovely creamy texture.
Take a look at why avocado is so great for kids to eat!