Fun (but messy!) to make Tomato Sauce
Tomato sauce is perfect for adding to any pasta dish or your pizza base.
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- Put cherry tomatoes into the large bowl. Squeeze each one until it bursts (Mind out, they will squirt!) Then pull them into pieces.
- Cut the two large tomatoes in half with a knife.
- Squeeze them on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can. Then pour into the bowl.
- Tear the basil leaves into small pieces over the bowl and stir them in.
- Spoon your fabulous sauce onto your favourite dish.
Or you could try a flatbread/bruschetta topped with the tomato sauce and sprinkle it with basil or parsley if you prefer.
You could even add it to other vegetables.
Let me know what you like your sauce with!
I Will Not Ever Never Eat A Tomato is a fun story to read with young children – it may even encourage them to eat tomatoes 🙂