Fun (but messy!) to make Tomato Sauce
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 fresh basil leaves
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- Put cherry tomatoes into the large bowl. Squeeze each one until it bursts (Mind out, they will squirt!) Then pull them into pieces.
- Cut the two large tomatoes in half with a knife.
- Squeeze them on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can. Then pour into the bowl.
- Tear the basil leaves into small pieces over the bowl and stir them in.
- Spoon your fabulous sauce onto your favourite dish.