Fruit and Rocket Salad
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- A handful fresh rocket leaves
- 50g parmesan shavings
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A large salad bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A plastic drink bottle
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze one half on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can.
- Halve, core and thinly slice the pear and apple into the bowl.
- Pour half of the lemon juice over the fruit to prevent it turning brown.
- Then add the rocket leaves.
- Mix up all the ingredients by hand.
- Sprinkle parmesan shavings over the salad.
- To make dressing, combine oil and rest of the lemon juice in a plastic drink bottle, have fun shaking until well mixed!
- Finally pour some of the dressing over the salad.