Egg and Parsley Muffins
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 6 eggs
- A handful fresh parsley
- 100g grated cheese
- 2 spring onions
- 1 chopped green pepper
You will also need:
- An apron
- Muffin tray
- Large plastic bowl
- A pair of children's scissors
- A fork
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Wipe the muffin tray with olive oil.
- Snip the spring onions into small pieces.
- Share the vegetables equally between the cups.
- Add the cheese onto the vegetables.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and beat.
- Wash the parsley, tear it up and put it in the bowl with the eggs and mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.
Allow the children to choose their own ingredients - this can sometimes encourage them to eat! Add or substitute any vegetables you like :-) Also, if you like meat you can add pieces of ham or cooked bacon. Muffins can keep for about a week in the fridge. They can be reheated in the microwave. What would you have in yours? Parents – If you try this recipe with your child, I’d love to hear from you. Tweet me a photo, share it on the Handy Herbs Facebook page or pin it to your recipe board!