Egg and Marigold Snack
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- A handful fresh marigold (calendula) petals
- Your favourite wholemeal bread
You will also need:
- An apron
- A large plastic bowl
- A teaspoon
- A fork
- A saucepan
- Hard boil 4 eggs. (Please ask for adult help.) Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water until the eggs are covered by the water. Bring the water to boil then turn off the heat. Put a lid on and leave the eggs in the water for 10/15 minutes.Chill the eggs in cold water to make them easy to peel. Then peel the shell off.
- Mash up the eggs with the fork in the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well with the fork.
- Wash the marigold flowers, then pull off the petals into the bowl and stir them in.
- Serve in a wholemeal sandwich or with rye or pitta bread.
- Decorate your plate with extra marigold petals to make it look beautiful!