Easy Peasy Parsley Dip
An easy parsley dip that is perfect for dipping your favourite raw vegetables.
- Handful fresh parsley
- Handful fresh chives
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
If needed, use dairy free mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sour cream (optional – if you like it creamy) or make your own dairy free sour cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut vinegar
You will also need:
- An apron
- Large plastic bowl
- Plastic bowl
- Wooden spoon
- A pair of children’s scissors
- Put 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise into the bowl.
- Add the sour cream if you like the dip more creamy.
- Wash the parsley, tear it up and put it in the bowl.
- Wash the chives, snip into pieces and add to the mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Put in fridge to chill.
Making dairy free sour cream:
- Refrigerate full can of coconut milk for an hour.
- Open can and scoop out the hardened coconut cream on the top. Add to a bowl.
- Then add the coconut vinegar and mix together well.
- Return to refrigerator for about an hour.
- Stir before serving.
Dip your favourite raw vegetables or bread sticks into the Easy Peasy Parsley Dip!
Perfect for a snack when you come in from school.
Herbs are full of goodness:
– Parsley is full of Vitamins K , C and B and also iron! It is also a good source of protein.
– Chive is full of vitamins too, especially A and K.
Why don’t you make some with your child?