Easter Chick Eggs
A cute way to present eggs at Easter.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 2 eggs
- 40g grated cheese
- 1 lemon
- Spoonful of mayonnaise
- 4 coriander seeds/peppercorns
- 1 carrot
- Handful of fresh parsley
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A small bowl
- Cheese grater
- A spoon
- Hard boil 2 eggs. (Please ask for adult help.) Place the eggs in a saucepan
and fill with cold water until the eggs are covered by the water. Bring the water to boil then turn off the heat. Put a lid on and leave the eggs in the water for 10/15 minutes. Chill the eggs in cold water to make them easy to peel. Then peel the shell off.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of the eggs so the eggs will stand up.
- Also cut the top third of the egg. Gently scoop out the yellow of the egg into a bowl and put the white of the egg to one side.
- Zest the lemon into the bowl, add the mayonnaise and mix together.
- Spoon the mixture back into the white of the egg and place the top third back on.
- Slice the carrot and with one of the slices cut into quarters. Have the rounded edge towards you and cut two v shapes out of the carrot, this will be the chicks feet.
- Place one of the v shapes that have been cut out onto the yellow egg at the top, this will be the chicks beak.
- Also place two coriander seeds for the eyes.
- Repeat this process for the other egg.
- Arrange on a plate and use the cheese as straw and the parsley as garnish and to decorate.
Do you think your children would enjoy these?