Chive dip is perfect with bread sticks or your favourite vegetables.
- 200g tub cream cheese
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- A handful fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A wooden spoon
- A teaspoon
- A pair of children’s scissors
- Spoon the cream cheese into the bowl.
- Pick and wash the chives. Using a pair of scissors snip them into small pieces into the bowl.
- Cut each tomato in half with a sharp knife. (Please ask for adult help.)
- Using the lemon squeezer squash all the juice out of the tomatoes. Pour the juice into the bowl.
- Then tear the tomato skin into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons mayonnaise.
- Now use all your energy to beat all the ingredients together using a wooden spoon.
- Put the dip in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
Then you can serve your dip with bread sticks, warm pitta bread, carrot batons or your favourite vegetables.
Why not have a go at growing your own Chives? They are so easy to grow and you can keep snipping them as they grow back.