Cheese and Rocket Hummus
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 50g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful fresh rocket leaves
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A small plastic bowl for the dip
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A sieve
- A blender (to use with an adult)
- A tablespoon
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze one half on the lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can.
- Pour the chickpeas into the sieve over the sink to drain the juice. Then rinse the chickpeas with cold water.
- Add the goats cheese, the olive oil, lemon juice and the chickpeas to the blender.
- Wash the rocket leaves and add with the other ingredients.
- Now ask for adult help to mix all the ingredients in the blender.