Cheese and Rocket Hummus
Cheese and rocket hummus is an ideal dip to eat with warm pitta bread or vegetable batons.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 50g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful fresh rocket leaves
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A small plastic bowl for the dip
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A sieve
- A blender (to use with an adult)
- A tablespoon
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze one half on the lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can.
- Pour the chickpeas into the sieve over the sink to drain the juice. Then rinse the chickpeas with cold water.
- Add the goats cheese, the olive oil, lemon juice and the chickpeas to the blender.
- Wash the rocket leaves and add with the other ingredients.
- Now ask for adult help to mix all the ingredients in the blender.
Serve the hummus with strips of pitta bread or cherry tomatoes and carrot batons, alternatively have on tortilla wraps as a quick and easy healthy snack.