Cheese and Chive Sandwiches (Heart – Shaped)
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 8 slices fresh wholemeal bread
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- A handful fresh chives
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A large plastic bowl
- A plastic butter knive
- A wooden spoon
- A pair of children's scissors
- A heart (or other) shaped cookie cutter
- Put the grated cheese into a large bowl.
- Wash the chives. Using a pair of scissors snip them into small pieces into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well using a wooden spoon.
- Spread 4 pieces of bread thinly with margarine.
- Divide the mixture evenly, and spread on 2 slices of bread.
- Then top with the other pieces of bread.
- If you want to, using a heart –shaped (or other) cookie cutter, cut out the center of the bread slices as many times as you can. (You don’t want to waste the sandwich!)
- Serve with your favourite raw vegetables or baby tomatoes for a healthy snack.