Cheese and Chive Muffins
Yummy muffins for anytime of the day.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g cheese
- A handful fresh chives
You will also need:
- An apron
- 2 large plastic bowls
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A plastic cheese grater
- A wooden spoon
- A tablespoon
- A fork
- A muffin tin and cases
- A wire rack
- Grate the cheese into a plastic bowl.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Wash and snip the chives in to the bowl.
- Break the egg into a separate bowl, add the milk and whisk with a fork.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the flour and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon mixture into the cases and place in the tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 200ºc.
- Leave the cakes for a few minutes, then put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Or try this slight variation – instead of using grated cheese, press a small cube of cheese into the mixture in the cases. This way you get a gooey, melted middle!