Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 125g self-raising flour
- 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g butter
- 50g grated cheese
- 50g chopped sun dried tomatoes
- A handful fresh chives
- 125ml semi-skimmed milk
You will also need:
- An apron
- A sieve
- A large mixing bowl
- A wooden spoon
- A pair of children's scissors
- A rolling pin
- A round cutter
- A baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Sift the flours and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub in with your fingers until it is all mixed together and looks like breadcrumbs.
- Snip the chives over the bowl, add the tomatoes and stir in half the cheese.
- Mix in the milk to form a soft dough.
- Roll out to 2cm thick on a floured work surface and using a round cutter, cut out your scones, placing them on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until golden.