Basil and Banana Muffins
Basil and Banana Muffins – great as a savory or sweet treat!
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- 200g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 70g butter
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 fresh basil leaves
You will also need:
- An apron
- 2 large plastic bowl
- A sieve
- A saucepan
- A fork
- A spatula
- A spoon
- 12 muffin cases
- A muffin tin
- A wire rack
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/ gas mark 4 and place 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in the saucepan.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas. then add the sugar, egg and melted butter and mix together.
- Wash and tear the basil into small pieces and add to the mix.
- Fold in the flour mixture a little at a time.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 cases.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Leave the cakes for a few minutes, then put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy the muffins warm from the oven or when they are cold.