Avocado and Coriander Hummus
A healthy hummus to spread on pitta bread or with your favourite vegetables.
- 400g can chick peas
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 – 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A handful fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 tortilla wraps
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A colander
- A blender
- A tablespoon
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- Cut the limes in half and squeeze all the juice out.
- Open, drain and wash the chick peas.
- Mix together chick peas, olive oil, tahini and lime juice in food processor until smooth.
- Cut the avocados in half, peel them by inserting the spoon between the flesh and the outer skin. Then cut the flesh into pieces.
- Add the avocados and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Snip the coriander and stir into the mixture.
- Use it as a dip or spread onto your favourite bread.
Avocado and coriander are both very good for you. They are full of vitamins and minerals. Avocado has a lovely creamy texture.
If you would rather not use a food processor you could use a pestle and mortar. This would mean the hummus will be thicker and chunkier but just as tasty!
Have you read this story about avocado by John Burningham?