Apple, Cheese and Chive Snack
A simple but fun and healthy apple snack.
Remember to wash your hands thoroughly!
- A large apple
- 50g cream cheese
- A handful fresh chives
- A handful fresh rocket
- 6 carrot batons
You will also need:
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- A large plastic bowl
- A heart cutter
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A knife
- A plate
- Put the cream cheese into the bowl, snip in the chives and mix together.
- Wash and dry the apple and cut carefully into approximately 6mm slices.
- Take two slices of apple, in one half cut the heart out of the centre.
- Spread the cheese and chive onto the other slice.
- Put the top slice on and arrange on a plate with the fresh rocket and carrot batons.
- Repeat step 3, 4 and 5 with the other slices of apple.
What would your favourite mixture be to spread between the apple?