Here are some fun but easy to make healthy Halloween snacks to try.
Find some Halloween containers to put your dips in like a small hollowed out pumpkin.
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A sharp knife (to use with an adult)
- 2 large plastic bowl
- A plastic lemon squeezer
- A pair of children’s scissors
- A fork
- A tablespoon
- A teaspoon
- A wooden spoon
- A range of Halloween containers including a small pumpkin
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lime
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- A handful fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the avocado in half with a knife.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh into the bowl and mash it up with the back of a fork.
- Cut the lime in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze half on a lemon squeezer to make as much juice as you can. Then pour the juice into the bowl.
- Squish the tomatoes into the bowl. Then tear the skin into little bits and add that too.
- Mash all the ingredients together with a fork.
- Pick and wash the coriander. Next snip it into small pieces or you could just tear it up. Add to the bowl with the olive oil.
- Finally mix all the ingredients together.
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- A handful fresh coriander
- 1/2 lime
- Cut the tomatoes in half and squish them into the bowl. Then tear up the skins.
- Peel and chop the onion, crush the garlic clove and add to the bowl.
- Cut the lime in half with a sharp knife. Squeeze as much juice as you can from one half into the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pick and wash the coriander. Next snip it into small pieces or you could just tear it up over the mixture.
Sour Cream & Chive Dip
- 200g tub sour cream
- A handful fresh chives
- 1/2 lemon
- Spoon the sour cream into the bowl.
- Pick and wash the chives. Then using a pair of scissors snip them into small pieces over the sour cream.
- Cut the lemon in half with a sharp knife and squeeze as much juice as you can from one half into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together.
When you have made the dips put them into Halloween containers.
The guacamole looks fun (as it is green and slimy looking) if you put it coming out of the mouth of a carved pumpkin!
You can serve the dips with your favourite raw vegetables or bread sticks.
A cute way to present eggs at Easter.
Quick and easy egg and parsley muffins for a ready to go breakfast option for all the family.
Egg in colourful peppers to cook with an adult – a healthy breakfast or snack.
A warming soup from Kitchen Club Kids for the cold winter months to share cooking with an adult.
An easy parsley dip that is perfect for dipping your favourite raw vegetables.
This nut free parsley pesto sauce is great for adding to pasta or risotto.
Try parsley butter on French stick – delicious!
A healthy family meal and easy to cook with your children.
Yummy Mini Filled Yorkshire Puddings with healthy fillings for any time of day to cook with an adult.
This basil and tomato salsa looks pretty in heart shaped tarts for Valentines.
Cranberry and Basil Pinwheels – it’s beginning to taste a bit like Christmas!
Basil and strawberry cupcakes with a herb twist – Yummy!
Basil and Banana Muffins – great as a savory or sweet treat!
A quick, healthy and easy to make pizza. Cut into strips for an after school snack.
Tomato sauce is perfect for adding to any pasta dish or your pizza base.
These basil mini skewers are a fun and easy to make healthy snack.
Netmums really fun to make omelette in a bag! Sprinkle with basil after cooking for extra flavour.
A healthy and easy to make vegetarian tart from Lukeosaurus And Me
Summer Rice Salad is a perfect side dish or snack that is healthy and easy to make.
A healthy hummus to spread on pitta bread or with your favourite vegetables.
Perfect for spreading on your favourite bread and healthy too!
Why not try herbs in your yogurt?
Guacamole Dip is healthy and great for dipping carrot or cucumber batons.
Coriander scrambled eggs are a tasty and healthy meal at any time of the day.
Try adding some coriander to this great recipe from Feeding Finn.
Tuna and rocket bagels are perfect for a healthy snack.
Why not involve your children in this fun to make and fruity salad?
Cheese and rocket hummus is an ideal dip to eat with warm pitta bread or vegetable batons.
Mango and rocket salad is healthy and colourful.
Sweet marigold buns for sharing with your friends.
Marigold ice cubes are pretty and refreshing for a sunny day drink.
Egg and marigold snack is a fun and colourful alternative to egg mayonnaise.
Vegetable and herb wraps for all the family, especially the fussy eaters and everyone is different 🙂
A simple but fun and healthy apple snack.
Breakfast scones are a healthy option for rushed mornings or breakfast on the go.
Perfect little bites to share at Christmas and New Year 🙂
Tuna and chive peppers a fun and tasty Halloween snack.
A simple fun snack.
Yummy muffins for anytime of the day.
Chive dip is perfect with bread sticks or your favourite vegetables.
Cheese & chive sandwiches are perfect to share with your friends!
A refreshing and easy to make cheesecake.
Biscuit on a stick – A perfect Easter treat!
Fresh mint chocolate cookies are a perfect tasty treat.
Mint and pineapple are a refreshing combination for adding to yogurt.
Easy to make peppermint creams – great for a nibble or as a simple gift.